Friday, February 12, 2010

Who is Ashley.....

Well, I'm sure some of you are wondering exactly who I am..

Here's some facts about me...

1. I was born and raised in Wisconsin and have lived in Omaha for the past year and a half
2. A proud graduate of Marquette University (GO GOLDEN EAGLES)
3. I work in advertising, marketing, public relations
4. I absolutely love dogs...my parents have three (a cockapoo, golden retriever and yellow lab). When I moved to Omaha, my boyfriend (Brandon) bought me a maltipoo (my dream dog). She's a 5 lb, white little princess with a name twice as long as her size, Giavanna.
5. I've competed in pageants since I was 7. No, not the toddlers and tiaras kind and my parents never pushed me to do it. It was my decision and, like all of my other activities, I could only continue to participate if I had good grades. I know it's because of pageants that I am the woman I am today-I love public speaking, love interviewing, all life skills I learned from participating.
6. I have a part time job with a national pageant system called National American Miss. Check it out and you'll see there are other pageants out there other than the glitz ones and NAM is one. I'm an emcee and choreographer at 7 states over the summer (AZ, NE, IA, MO, MN, IL, WI) and during spring I travel on the weekends as a regional coordinator doing marketing and recruiting girls for the program. It's the best job ever...
7. I can twirl fire baton....two at the same time.
8. Since I was 6, I've baton twirled. I started ice skating at age 8 and dancing when I was 3.
9. My guilty pleasure....gossip magazines.
10. My indulgence....shopping.
11. My weakness...carbs and candy.
12. I met the love my life at a pageant...I know, I never thought I'd meet a guy who understands a passion of mine. We've been together 3 and a half years and I adore him more than anything..
13. I've had personalized license plates since I started driving...watch out on the road if you see the ISK8DVA!
14. I secretly wish I could open a cupcake store/bakery
15. One of my the most exciting moments of my life happened last June. I was in New York getting headshots taken by famous photographer, Fadil Berisha. That same day, he was also shooting the Jovani Spring 2010 Prom line and he asked ME to model!! I modeled 4 dresses. I also had the opportunity to head over to the Jovani showroom where designed Stephen Yearick (designer of wedding dresses and pageant dresses, he's even dressed a number of first ladies) helped me pick out some cocktail dresses. You'd only understand how amazing this day was if you're a pageant girl!
16. I own 150 pairs of shoes....and it's growing everyday....


That's about it for now...I'm sure there will be more later :)

P.S. HAPPY WEEKEND!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling bloggie girl! I twirled for years! Cant wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 150 pairs?! WOW! I was in one pageant and got Miss Photogenic, that counts for something right!?

    ReplyDelete